DeKalibrate In DeKalb!
When you’re ready to travel, DeKalb is here to help you rest, renew and revive. Whether that’s with outdoor adventures, world-class attractions or chef-driven restaurants — our community has worked together to provide a safe and clean destination that is only a few miles east of downtown Atlanta and within driving distance from many Southeastern locations.
Top adventures in DeKalb
- Stone Mountain Park is Georgia’s most visited attraction. A 3,200 acre natural wonderland, that offers outdoor recreation, family-friendly attractions and festivals, it’s a must-see for anyone visiting the Atlanta Area.
- Buford Highway (or BuHi as the locals call it), is a seven-mile culinary paradise of international restaurants. Even Anthony Bourdain visited some of BuHi eatery’s during his 36-hour layover episode filmed in Atlanta.
- Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area beckons outdoor lovers to experience a unique natural wonder that is home to a host of wildlife and rare plant species.
- Experience Chamblee’s dining scene, which has quickly become a favorite spot in the Atlanta area for foodies on the hunt for delicous and authentic eats.
- Take a visit to the city of Tucker for a huge sense of community, beautiful parks and a charming downtown Main Street that appears pulled from the latest Hallmark movie. Tucker is home to one of the most famous cafeterias in the South as well as Georgia’s largest beer garden.
- Catch a flick under the stars at the Starlight Drive-In Theatre, which has been a landmark since 1949.